Thursday, May 24, 2007

NBA Lottery and season finale

SportsDude:

Portland?.... Portland…. Freaking Portland. What is in that city other than the Jail Blazers? There is a reason that the city has only one professional sports franchise. Because that is the only one it can support. I had always suspected that the NBA has rigged the lottery in the past years because everything has just fallen too perfect. Lebron goes to his hometown of Cleveland. Patrick Ewing goes to New York. It’s bad enough that Portland is going to get Greg Oden but then Durant is going to go to Seattle, another team in the pacific northwest. Maybe 5-7 years from now there will be great showdowns between the two but now it is a disaster.

All of the good teams and good players are in the west now the two next franchise players are going to be in the west too? There is only one way to fix the NBA. Import, Lebron, D Wade, and Gilbert Arenas Chris Bosh, and Dwight Howard to Memphis, Sacramento, Clippers, T-Wolves and Hornets. The rest of the league in the words of Donald Trump “you’re fired.” Yeah, the rest of the league is just cut. I mean really what are we losing? Other than some history with Bulls and Celtics, the rest of the east is dead. It wouldn’t happen because of the huge media market on the east but the west would be awesome to watch. The quality of games would go up, players might show up in shape and care during all the games. Ok. Ok, you don’t like that solution.

Let’s bring NBA Live ’09 to life and have a fantasy draft. The east will now never win a game against the west, other than the Pistons no team will be over .500. So, tear up everyone’s contract and put all the players in a big pool and use this year’s draft order to pick all the players again. That way balance of power will come back and the season will fun to watch again.

In closing right when you think that the NBA couldn’t get any worse, this happens. Barring a trade the league will suck for at least 5 more years.

Random notes instead of a segway: Shoppergal can not do a single real push up also I think Sarah Silverman is hilarious because of her new commercial promoting the MTV Movie Awards where she feels up this guy and then smells her hand. By the way the Sarah Silverman show was very funny, while ridiculous, still very funny.

Part 2 of the Blog: Season finales of our favorite tv shows ranked from the top 3 down.

Desperate Housewives. I am kind of ashamed I watch this show but I blame my upbringing. I came from a small town that centered around gossip. Fact: the smaller the town the more ridiculous of stories/rumors there are. I might blog about this another day. Anyways, the housewives know how to make everything interesting. I hope that Carlos gets back together with Eva because I think I look like Carlos and Eva is in my Top 3 celebrities I want to do. Note: she was about to get kicked out of the #3 slot by Beyonce but then she walked in the room with the politician guy and said she was horny. Schwing, back in the top 3. The blonde couple went through a rough patch and will be tested with her having cancer and her mom in the house. I am glad that Terri Hatcher got married to that rugged looking guy, he is much cooler than the Englishman Ian. I am glad they got rid of Edy because she wasn’t hot enough or real enough to be on this show. Final note Bri (the red head) is way crazy. I mean crazy like the kind of girl that says “wow, she is pretty hot” and naturally you respond like a guy and say “yeah!?” then she freaks out on you for looking at her. This show is a soap opera during primetime but oh well drama is cool as long as it isn’t yours.

Heroes. I would have had this higher but I was kind of disappointed in the final scene with the fight. I don’t have a better answer for how they should have done it because everyone had to accumulate at that spot but Nikki/Jessica didn’t need to be there. She had little significance in that scene. Basically I was mad that everyone was sitting around watching Peter and Sylar fight and did nothing. By the way Peter and Sylar will both be back next season. Although it did follow the plot well, good became evil and evil became good and “saved the world” plus Hiro killed Sylar just like the comic predicted, plus he looked bad ass. This show is written so well, I am worried that next season is going to be a huge let down. I wish they would cut the show and make a movie trilogy out of it.

The Office. I like this show a lot. It turned out well for me. What is going to happen with Jan? I think she will wind up pregnant and Michael will get excited about being a father and Dwight will try to give him advice. It is going to be weird having BJ Novak as Michaels boss. I don’t think that will last long. Tangent: did anybody else notice a huge personality change in Kelly in the past 2 seasons? Karen, she is definantly gone off that show because her other pilot got picked up. Leading up to her and Jim being done, and more fun with Jim+Pam=Jam. That means more picking on Dwight, my favorite of the show.

ShopperGal:

Okay I’m going to leave the NBA lottery alone for the most part. I think SportsDude hit it hard enough. I don’t understand why the NBA doesn’t just conduct the draft like the NFL where the worst team picks first. Seems to make sense but whatever.

What I really care about is t.v. and I couldn’t be more sad that all the shows are pretty much over for the season. I don’t know what I’m going to do tonight without The Office and Grey’s Anatomy to watch.

My favorite shows of the season: The Office, Heroes and American Idol. Other shows that found their way onto my watch schedule and were pretty good shows: Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights and October Road (despite only being a few episodes long – there’s always next season).

So what did I think of the season finales? The finales that rocked my world:

3. Grey’s Anatomy – Normally Grey’s would be number 1 but this season just didn’t do it for me. It left a bad taste in my mouth, especially the season finale. There were no happily ever afters. It reminded me of the movie My Best Friend’s Wedding where as good as it was you were still unhappy because Julia Roberts didn’t get the man. I still watched the finale and I’m sure I’ll pick up next season. I might even watch the new pilot, Private Practice starring the beautiful Addison Montgomery.

2. Heroes – This show rocked my world quite literally. It ended with a boom. But luckily for the state of New York, Nathan Petrelli saved the day. He turned out to not be such a bad guy after all. The Heroes accomplished their goal: Save the cheerleader, save the world. I, for one, can’t wait for next season.

1. The Office – How could this not be another one? We finally got the Jam (Jim+Pam) action we’ve been waiting for since that hot kiss during last season’s finale. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Karen. I just liked Jim and Pam together much more. Throw in Steve Carrell as Michael and Dwight and you have a hilarious show. This show always lives up to my expectations. Love it!

I don’t know what SportsDude are I are going to do with our lives now that we have nothing to watch on t.v. Maybe long bike rides. We’re so pathetic!!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I don't understand sports past the actual game so the NBA draft is something I won't touch or care about anyways.

Grey's is also one of my favorite shows. But Merideth -- does she not have a soul? And throwing the half sister into the mix will make a for an interesting season.

Heroes was good, I love it.

This summer will start Psych and Rescue Me -- my two favorite summer shows. Can't wait!