Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ryan Seacrest

SportsDude:
A lot of people probably thought that Idol last night was shocking. I’m calling a “told ya so” on this one. Once Idol gets down to the final three or four singing goes out the window. Everyone can say “yeah, they can sing pretty good.” At this point in the game what matters most is looks and song choice. What I mean by song choice is that the contestants need to pick a song that everyone knows and that is fun. If the contestants pick a slow song then they are done for. Last nights show and many others this year seem to have been overshadowed by Ryan Seacrest.

At this point I have many questions and few answers for why Ryan Seacrest is so popular. He is terribly awkward, not funny, maybe gay, and has no personality. So, I guess he is what network exec’s want. It just seems like he should have a big wind up rod on his back that the exec’s turn and then Ryan walks around and says stupid things. Let’s have some examples.

Last night when Elliot (we be) Yamin got done singing and was trying to get sponsorship from Porsche (which he won’t). Ryan said “we don’t that on this show.” First off Elliot should have known that and secondly why is Ryan calling him out on that? Why do you even bring it up? I give it a 3 on the Seacrest awkward scale.

Two nights ago Seacrest made one of many gay jokes this year with Simon. Ryan, when your manliness is in question more than Davis on the “real world” then you can’t make gay jokes. I mean if someone asked Seacrest if he wore boxers or briefs he would say “Niether……… bikini briefs” then turn around while the moon rose as you seen him in his assless chaps. This gets a 7 on the Seacrest awkward scale.

I still don’t understand how Seacrest hosts so many shows. I mean he does Idol, something on the E channel and he has a radio show. Maybe I’m old fashioned but if you were going to host a lot of shows I thought you had to be good at you know… hosting!

By the way Ryan Seacrest needs a nick-name because I’m not sure he has one. Ryan “likes to see testicles.” Ryan “I’m in the closet and it’s a” Seacrest. Seacresticle out!

By the way it’s been a busy week so no recap of Heroes.


ShopperGal:
SEACREST OUT. Well, not quite. As far as I know, he’s still hidden somewhere deep in the closet – where by the way, he wants Simon to stay out of. Ryan Seacrest is one of the weirdest guys I (don’t) know. He’s also one of the most awkward. Every episode of American Idol has an awkward silence or weird comment mostly thanks to Ryan Seacrest.

I will disclose right now that I love love love Simon Cowell. I’m not sure why but I think he’s really sexy. Yes, I know he’s over 40 and wears tight t-shirts and mean to contestants but I still love him anyway. When I first started watching Idol, I thought that Simon and Ryan just hated each other but now I’m not so sure. I know Simon’s not gay – he has long-time girlfriend, Terri Seymour. But I’m not so sure about Ryan Seacrest and I think he just might have quite the crush on my man Simon.

I’ve wondered for awhile how in the world does Ryan have time to do all the shows he does? He hosts American Idol; has a radio show on KIIS-FM; hosts the top 40 each weekend and works for E! Online doing E! News as well as hosting red carpet events. Does this guy breathe? I know he doesn’t eat. It’s obvious he has manorexia. But where does he find time to do all this stuff?

Some of my favorite Idol banter was the hilarious scene between Ryan and Simon a month or so back. Asking Melinda what the worst part of the performances were, Melinda replied the high heels. Ryan asked Simon if he knew anything about that and Simon replied with “You should know, Ryan.” Ryan said, “Stay out of my closet.” Simon’s classic comeback “Come out.” I was rolling on the ground. My sentiments exactly.

The best part is that Ryan signs off of his shows with SEACREST OUT but he’s so obviously not out. Does he really think it’s that big of a secret. News flash: It’s not!

Okay I can’t talk about Ryan Seacrest and American Idol without at least mentioning last night’s show. Can you believe Melinda got voted off? I can believe it but it’s still sad. She was clearly the best singer among the three. Not the best performer. Not the most marketable. Not the prettiest. But she was an amazing singer and she’s going to do great things.

Now who will win between Blake and Jordin. I love Blake but I’m picking Jordin.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I have nothing. I don't watch American Idol and this year I haven't even kept up with the contestants. And as for Ryan Secrest I don't watch any of his shows or hear his radio show so again nothing.